3.15.2013

30 Day Challenge:  Day 1

 


This shirt came in the mail this afternoon.  It is bonkers cute, undeniably.  
Right... let's talk about today.  I got up this morning, pumped milk in case Beans woke up while I was gone, and then went to the gym at 6:30 AM.  

Workout #1

3 mile run
Bulgarian Split Squats:  2 sets of 10 each leg with 50 lb. barbell
Leg Press:  2 sets of 10 each leg with 70 lbs.
Barbell Squats:  2 sets of 10 with 95 lbs.
T-Lunges:  2 sets of 10 with 35 lb. dumbbells
Side-Lunges:  2 sets of 10 each with 20 lb. dumbbells
Deadlifts:  2 sets of 10 with 115 lb. barbell
Rear Lunges:  2 sets of 10 each, alternating, with 20 lb. dumbells

This was not an inspired workout.  I felt tired and bloated from eating poorly yesterday, and I moved lethargically between sets.  Normally I wouldn't only do 2 sets of each thing, and normally I'd use heavier weights... but at least I hung in there and worked out.  I could easily have scrapped it and gone home.  But I kept reminding myself that this was going to be one of the hardest days:  the first day.  

Here's what I've eaten today:

6 AM:  medium banana, 1 tbsp. organic raw almond butter (200)
9 AM:  3/4 c. scottish oatmeal, 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed, 1 tbsp. chia seeds, 1/3 c. organic goat yogurt, 8 oz. almond milk (430)
1 PM:  6 oz. new york steak (lean only), 1 c. cooked white rice (I know, it should have been brown... but it was leftover from our Cuban feast) (550)

And here's what I expect to eat later:

4 PM:  salad with field greens, roasted zucchini and carrot, avocado, and mustard vinaigrette (200)
7 PM:  pudla (chickpea and vegetable pancake) ... (?)

Alright.  Ready for it?  I had to wait until after I'd pooped to take these photos.  Is this a thing that normal people do?  Probably.  Is this a thing that normal people talk about?  That's irrelevant.  There is a lot of talk about poop at our house.  That's what happens when you have a four month old baby.  Or, you know, the mind of a teenage boy.  Or both.   Let's do week 1 photos.


By the way, that's my favorite nursing bra.  It's from Hot Milk.  And those panties are ridiculous.  Thank you, Heather.  I love ridiculous panties.  Especially purple leopard print ones.  

Onward!  The 30 days have begun!  





No comments:

Post a Comment